Translate

Mission Competition

Top Money Saving and Comping Tips from a 21 year-old Student keen to make my limited budget stretch the semester!

Follow me on Twitter:@LaurieBeat and Instagram: @lornab22 or email any queries to lauriebeat@gmail.com

Join the Facebook group for more tips and a comping community!

Luck and love!

Thursday 5 May 2016

#StopTheStigma

So today before my exam I was queuing to get in early, since I get extra time. Two guys behind me noticed with one saying 'How come they get an extra half hour, I should get an extra half hour!'. To which his ignorant friend replied 'Yeah, but they can't write or something'.

'They can't write or something'

Mental illnesses come in all shapes and sizes, and plenty of them aren't visible to the eye. I don't have dyslexia but I get extra time. I don't normally tell people about this, but this mans ignorance and naivety made me realise there is still such a stigma around mental health issues. In this day and age, we shouldn't be judging our fellow classmates, especially for things that are out of their control. I wish everyone the best of luck for their exams, whatever their mental health. ‪#‎StopTheStigma‬

To read more of my story click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment