Translate

Mission Competition

Top Money Saving and Comping Tips from a 21 year-old Student keen to make my limited budget stretch the semester!

Follow me on Twitter:@LaurieBeat and Instagram: @lornab22 or email any queries to lauriebeat@gmail.com

Join the Facebook group for more tips and a comping community!

Luck and love!

Saturday 16 July 2016

Magazine Dailies & Click-to-Win Tips



My eyes are closing and I'm drifting off in front of the telly but I still click, click, click.

This is a situation I have found myself in over the last month and a half since I started entering click-to-win dailies - the competitions where all you have to do is click a single button to enter. Sounds easy doesn't it? The thing is with most competitions that are this easy to enter, loads of people will enter them. This makes your chances of winning a lot less likely.

Another thing with these competitions, is that there are sometimes over a hundred sites that offer the same competition. Big prizes such as £250 cash, an iPad or a holiday voucher can be seen on almost all of these sites. Rather than a winner being chosen from each site, there is just one winner from all the entries across ALL the sites.

Am I making it sound impossible to win? I hope not - I have won four times in the short space of time that I have been entering. There are a couple of tricks that can turn this from being mind-numblingly boring with no results, to quick and easy with a couple of wins chucked in for good measure. Here are my top tips for daily click-to-wins:

Look out for:

- high number of winners
- low numbers of sites featured on
- something you want to win


1) Read the Official Rules


This is a tip I would give for many types of competition, however it is even more important in dailies. If you scroll down to the bottom of the entry page, you can see the 'Official Rules' link. Click on this, and you can see the number of sites that the prize is listed on. Any more than 15 or 20, I tend not to bother. Less than that, I copy the list of links, email it to myself and then go onto that email each day and click through each of the links. Simple.

2) Know what you want to win


Right now, there is an amazing looking picnic hamper that is featured on just three sites:

These sites are pretty good for hosting competitions that are only available on their site or just a few others. I tend to check them for new low entry comps a couple of times a week.


The picnic hamper is something that really appeals to me, as I have been trying to win one for summer. As well, the fact that it only features on three sites, makes it much lower entry than some of the others. I have been going out of my way to make sure I enter this every day - fingers crossed it will be a winner for me!

3) Read the Prize Details


Read carefully what is being offered. Not only does this make sure that you actually want the prize you are entering, but it will often tell you how many winners there are. Sometimes, there will be 20 winners for one prize, and only 1 for another. I would recommend investing more time in the ones where there are more winners, as this will increase your chances of winning. 

4) Continuous Dailies


I have a little tab on my bookmarks page labelled 'Continuous Dailies'. What I mean by that, is sites where, when you 'Click to Enter', it automatically takes you to the next competition, rather than having to go back to the home page and select the next one yourself. This turns out to be a huge time saver, and means that you can click away while the TV is on, without having to sacrifice too much attention away from Game of Thrones! I especially like to do this on my iPad, and is really handy for when you're on the go. Again, I email a wee list of these to myself so that it's easy to access when I'm out. Here are some of my favourite 'Continuous Dailies': 
(I have no idea if the 3 is a coincidence, but it is often a sign of a Continuous Daily.)

Transform your clicking into something more manageable with these tips, and hopefully you will start to see the wins come flying through the letter box. Let me know how you get on in the comments, I always love hearing from you!

Luck and Love, 

Laurie


8 comments:

  1. cool. I also do this on my iPad while watching TV it is so much easier to do that way, normally at about 8pm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't won anything yet though :)

      Delete
    2. haha, yeah I love a good comping multi-task!

      Delete
  2. Hey Laurie. :) Seasoned comper but new reader here. :) I used to enter clicktowins but stopped as I never won on them. Might give them another go using your tips! Thanks. :) Loving your blog. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Always love hearing from new readers, glad you like it! Best of luck, let me know how you get on!

      Delete
  3. Had 5 wins this year so far. Used to really like the continuous sites, but they're a real pain if they include a link which leads to another competition site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The continuous ones seem to have gone now, all the CTW comp sites have moved to 'back to the home page' model, except the comps seem to come up in random order (not sure that makes sense - and I am on a laptop, might be different on a tablet)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started clickwin in September17, won 3 times in 3 months then nothing for 5 months so stopped,won FB comps 2wice,started clicks again and after 4 days won so 4 times in 9 months.Can't use the save or email advice

    ReplyDelete