Translate

Mission Competition

Top Money Saving and Comping Tips from a 21 year-old Student keen to make my limited budget stretch the semester!

Follow me on Twitter:@LaurieBeat and Instagram: @lornab22 or email any queries to lauriebeat@gmail.com

Join the Facebook group for more tips and a comping community!

Luck and love!

Monday 7 November 2016

A Day in the Life of a Comper.... Emma Louise Gough



Hello! I've seen you around so much on the comping scene, from prize unboxings to top tips on the Facebook group! How did you get into this hobby?
It was about 7 years ago, one of my brothers friends was posting on Facebook about winning loads of stuff. I messaged him and asked him what he’d been doing. He introduced me to Martin Lewis’s website, Money Saving Expert, or what us compers call MSE. I read the 'how to get started' posts and started to enter some of the daily comps.
My first win was a book, closely followed by a Kuhuna Watch - both of these comps were from Daily entries.
I dipped in and out of comping for a few years using only the MSE site, that is until I discovered Super Lucky Di’s website superlucky.me - Since joining her blog, buying her book, following her Facebook group, Instagram and Twitter and taking her tips and advice I’ve won in excess of £23K worth of prizes this year!! Compared to around £2K per year on average for previous years.

It was Di Coke that really got me into it as well! Out of that amazing number of prizes, what has been your favourite so far?
It has to be my Florida trip to Disney World that I won in January this year with Heart radio stations “Faces for Florida” promotion.
We are going in November, I’m soooooo exctied and so are the kids!!

The Winning 'Faces for Florida' Entry

Wow! That looks like it took a lot of effort! How long did it take to get the picture just right?

Well, it took around half an hour just to get the mickey mouse measles right, but it was so worth it effort!

Do you prefer physical prizes or experiences, like these sorts of holidays?
I would say experiences, because it enables me to do things I’d never be able to afford to do with my family and friends.

What do your friends and family think of this hobby?
They’re happy for me and supportive, especially when I get them involved.My husband, his children and my daughter all love it too! We have so much fun making video entries, such as one where we re-created our own Olympics! Creative entries are my favourite method of comping, especially the videos!

Aw, I love seeing them all feature in your prize unboxings too! How did you get started with unboxings?

It was Di Coke that got me into the prize unboxing. I often think sometimes...why am I doing this...especially when I might want to gift some of my prizes lol!! But Its a good way of keeping a record of what I've won, and it's lovely when people comment and you know your video has given them the motivation to either start comping or try a different tactic.

I totally agree, I love making my unboxings and hearing people's responses! What are your top 3 dream prizes you'd love to include in your unboxing?
I really would love a car, a super top notch SLR camera and a meet and greet with someone famous

Any tips for fellow compers?
Just keep searching, Google, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Bookmark your searches so you can check quickly every few days.
If you want to enter web draws quickly my favourite site is competition database, it’s really easy to use on a mobile or tablet too.

Any final comments about this amazing hobby?
A great quote from Zig Ziglar - who was an American author, salesman, and motivational speaker.
“Just remember you were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win and expect to win”

Wise words indeed. Thanks so much to Emma for taking part and you can read her blog <here> .

To take part in my 'A Day in the Life of a Comper', comment below or contact me on Twitter @LaurieBeat

Luck and Love,

Laurie


10 comments:

  1. Thanks for featuring me on your blog Laurie xxx

    ReplyDelete

  2. Healthisgod.com is the only complete health and wellness website that you may describe as it yours. We created a site that introduces the collection of health and lifestyle information supported by reliable content providers and genuine user reviews. This is a sincere effort on our part to bring forth a user experience which is engaging, moving, and interactive. Visit for more- Health is God

    ReplyDelete
  3. Healrun is a health news blog we provide the latest news about health, Drugs and latest Diseases and conditions. We update our users with health tips and health products reviews. If you want to know any information about health or health product (Side Effects & Benefits) Feel Free To ask HealRun Support Team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Supplements For Fitness Other parts are exercise and a good diet. If you omit the parts, the "everything" can not and will not work. All will need the three to complete in the long term.Note that although Hoodia historically tried to

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pilpedia is supplying 100 percent original and accurate information at each moment of time around our site and merchandise, and the intent is to improve the usage of good and pure health supplement. For More Info please visit Pilpedia online store.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keto Buzz Dragons Den Weight loss is leading the way even if weight loss Formula comes low on their list. I haven't been pondering with regard to this. Read on as I define the chances of using weight loss Formula properly.


    https://www.dragonsdendiet.com/keto-buzz/
    https://sites.google.com/site/ketobuzzinfo/
    http://viaxylreviews.over-blog.com/keto-buzz
    https://dragonsdendietinfo.blogspot.com/2019/05/keto-buzz.html
    https://buyketobuzzuk.livejournal.com/287.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lot of or less, a Best Weight Loss Diet Pills store can have Slimmer Body obtainable. That covers a broad spectrum. Fresh Keto Cleanse It's thus much less complicated to travel together with your instincts. Doing that is no sweat. I like to produce tips and guides to different Extra Fat aficionados. I, questionably, have to fathom Fast Weight Loss. There you've got it, It was simply one simple payment.

    https://www.healthvirile.com/fresh-keto-cleanse/

    https://www.healthvirile.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alka Tone Keto is an amazing weight loss solution featuring a very peculiar solution redefining the dietary choices in order to maintain body weight. Living under your own body weight would like suffering from your own failures. The daily struggles are limitless with an obese person. This is a Ketogenic dietary solution resolving issues related to insatiable eating disorder and unsettling fat storage. Visit on http://www.powerenrich.com/alka-tone-keto-shark-tank-reviews/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leukocytes, or white platelets, are the significant battling cells of the safe framework. Immune Defence They are delivered and put away all through the body both in lymphoid organs, including the bone marrow, spleen and thymus; and lymphoid tissues, essentially the lymph hubs.

    https://www.topbodyproducts.com/immune-defence/

    https://www.topbodyproducts.com/

    ReplyDelete